- 6 pieces Yumbah Australian Frozen Abalone, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 20g butter
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped Italian parsley
Prepare the abalone and slice the meat horizontally into 3 to 4 pieces.
Place the sliced abalone meat in a medium sized non-metallic bowl. Add olive oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice, tossing to combine.
Cover and refrigerate, allowing the abalone to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Place a wok over a high heat and add butter. Once the butter has melted add the abalone and marinade.
Cook very quickly (around 20-30 seconds) until the meat is just cooked.
Add salt and pepper and garnish with the chopped parsley.