- 6 raw, shucked and cleaned abalone, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups of samphire, cut into 3cm lengths,( substitute asparagus if neither samphire or native spinach unavailable)
- Zest and juice of a large lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs of abalone roe butter ( make this by Processing together 125g unsalted butter, 3 or 4 cooked abalone roe, A squeeze of lemon juice, pepper)
Put pan on high heat.
Add butter and garlic, when sizzling add abalone, Rosemary and samphire and stir for 2 minutes, add lemon juice and zest, cook for another minute then check seasoning and serve.